Medical Weight Loss
More than 35 percent of American adults are overweight. According to an estimate from the Centers for Disease Control, obesity is directly responsible for billions of dollars in medical costs each year – primarily for the treatment of weight-related diseases like heart disease, type-2 diabetes, and stroke. Losing just 10 to 20 pounds can lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, alleviate chronic pain, and reduce the risk of cancer, and may improve quality of life.
But many Americans struggle with weight loss, whether they feel like the scale just won’t budge, or see their weight cycle up and down like a yo-yo. Diet and exercise are an excellent start to a healthy weight, but sometimes stubborn pounds need an extra push to keep them from hanging on. At Potts Surgical Associates, we offer medically supervised weight loss that helps our patients achieve healthy weight goals for life using advanced methods.
Am I a candidate for medical weight loss?
If you are concerned about your weight, or suffer from weight-related health problems like sleep apnea, medical weight management may be right for you. Medical weight loss is designed to help patients meet their healthy weight loss goals, whether they are overweight or obese. Our goal is to identify the causes of your weight gain and provide the tools necessary for change through education, nutrition, one-on-one support, and guided lifestyle changes.
What should I expect during a medical weight loss program?
Because no two people are the same, no two weight loss or weight management programs should be the same either. Instead, weight loss and weight management programs should be personalized to fit your needs and remain affordable for long-term treatment. At our office, we take an individualized approach and dedicate to provides real, balanced solutions.
Our program includes
- Physician consultation: Your unique condition will be analyzed during the initial consultation to identify factors that contribute to your condition, and a plan will be created based on your medical history. Over the course of the program, our physician will monitor your progress and guide you through your weight loss journey.
- Prescription diet medications: We will prescribe and individualize different medications for you, along with a class teaching the essentials of a calorie-restricted diet.
- Instructed diet adjustment: We offer a dietary adjustment class led by our registered bariatric dietician. You are encourage to attend the class til you are comfortable with the idea of a healthy diet and healthy eating. We also offer a collaborative program with specialists in other weight reduction methods, including health coaching and portion control diets.
- Exercise guidance: To effectively lose weight, most people need to do moderate intensity exercise for averagely 40 minutes, 4 days each week. You will need more exercise if you want to lose substantial weight. For example, adding more activity during the day by taking the stairs and getting up more often from your desk or couch.
- Special Diet Program:
HCG diet program
Seven days slim fast program
- Metabolic enhancement resolution:
B12 injection: B-12 acts as a blood builder and will help increase red blood cell count which affects how your body processes oxygen and removes carbon dioxide, giving you more energy which not only makes you feel good but helps in the burning of calories.
Trim tea: is a gluten-free, thermogenic slimming tea formulated to promote a multifunctional approach to weight management support. Clinical study showed reduction of body weight and improvement in metabolic parameters with the use of Trim tea over a 10-week period.
It’s time to turn over a new leaf and begin experiencing a better quality of life. Contact us today for more information or to schedule your personal weight management consultation at Potts Surgical Associates, the comprehensive weight management team in Pottstown, Collegeville, and the Phoenixville area. We look forward to serving you soon.